No secret passwords no longer provide top-notch protection to your online accounts. Hence, it is good to go one step further and choose a higher level of security, and two-factor authentication offers an extra layer of protection.
Discord also offers two-factor authentication, but many people are unaware of this fantastic feature. So, in this blog, you will get to know about the procedure to set up two-factor authentication in Discord without having trouble.
How to Setup Two-Factor Authentication in Discord
Two Factor Authentication is required to avoid hacking into the Discord server and any other problem. So, let’s see the procedure to set up two-factor authentication in Discord.
- First, open the Discord on your smartphone or computer/laptop.
- Now go to the User settings from the profile and then go to the My Account section.
- This section will see the Two Factor Authentication option, so click on the Enable Two Factor Auth to proceed with the further steps.
- The Discord system will ask you to provide the password, and then you will see a QR code on the screen if you are using a computer/laptop. So download the Google Authenticator on your smartphone and scan that QR code to get the six-digit code. After that, paste that code into the QR code scan to verify the two-factor verification.
- If you are using a smartphone, then provide the password, and you will proceed to the new screen, so tap on the next button to download Google Authenticator. You will get the code, so copy and paste it into Google Authenticator to generate a six-digit code and then paste it into Discord.
- Now you need to provide the six-digit code whenever you log in to your Discord account and get the six digits unique code from the Google Authenticator app.
Setup Two-Factor Authentication in Discord Using SMS
In case you want to use the SMS facility to validate your Discord account, then use the below steps:
- Open the User Setting again and go to the My Account Section.
- You will see an SMS authentication option at the bottom, so click on and provide the password to enable the SMS Authentication option.
Note: Remember that you have to verify your mobile number before using this Authentication process.
So, this is how we can easily set up two-factor authentication in Discord to ensure the account’s security. Two-factor authentication offers an extra layer of protection to the user’s data from hackers. If you like this guide, then make sure you visit our official website to learn more tips & tricks of Discord.
About the author
<img alt="" data-lazy-src="https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/a6dca3a5394c9d066a8078ddf9ede366?s=112&r=g" data-lazy- height="112" src="data:image/svg xml,” width=”112″>
A passionate Linux user for personal and professional reasons, always exploring what is new in the world of Linux and sharing with my readers.